Ten good questions to ask an interviewer when the opportunity presents.
An interview is not just about a prospective employer deciding whether you are right for the job; it is also an opportunity for you to decide if the job is right for you. Next time an interviewer asks you if you have any questions take the time to find out more about the company and role in question.
Here are ten questions that any interviewer should be able to answer and should be encouraged by:
1. Why has this position come available?
2. What are the three things you most like about working here?
3. What would you change about this job if you could?
4. Why is this company better than its competitors?
5. What is the most important element of this job?
6. How do you evaluate employee performance?
7. What are the opportunities for promotion from this position?
8. What are the most important skills for this position?
9. What is the staff turnover rate for the department/company?
10. How are employees inducted into their new roles?